Become a Member
To become a SAFed member you must be able to:
- Be an identifiable business unit undertaking, as all or part of its business activities, independent third party inspection and/or testing and/or certification of engineering and manufacturing plant, machinery and equipment in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland.
- Operate competently as demonstrated by having UKAS1 accreditation to the relevant national or international inspection accreditation Standard for sufficient scopes of inspection activities such that the majority of employed inspection personnel come within the terms of the accreditation.
- Agree to abide by the Safety Assessment Federation (SAFed) Code of Conduct and to comply fully with all SAFed Standards and guidance (where appropriate).
- Participate in SAFed core initiatives approved by the SAFed Board as far as is appropriate for member’s commercial activity (eg Health & Safety passport Scheme2).
- Demonstrate firm financial viability.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring the above throughout the period of membership.
For informal discussion please contact the Chief Executive, Richard Hulmes; call +44 (0)20 7582 3208.